[July 2015] Taco Chukis offers everything a taco-lover wants for cheap ($1.90/taco). The meats are flavourful and comes with salsa on top, ready to eat. Continue reading
[July 2015] I would describe Ba Bar as a hipster Pho joint that delivers good quality vietnamese food in a comfortable environment. Their famous ox-tail Pho is melt-off-the-bone delicious and the noodles are chewy. Continue reading
Kingfish Cafe: the most authentic southern style food on the West Coast. Started by two sisters who wanted to bring their grandmother’s southern cooking to Seattle, Kingfish really stands out. From their local neighbourhood location in Capitol Hill, menu, friendly customer service to the decor, Kingfish makes you feel like you’ve been transported to a home in Alabama.
Unfortunately, It was a dinner for two that night and so I wasn’t able to order more than 1 entree and 2 appetizers because of the extremely large portions. I couldn’t even order their famous strawberry shortcake dessert.
What I ordered:
- My way or the highway buttermilk fried chicken 3.5/5
- I was a little disappointed because I expected the “buttermilk” friend chicken to be extremely soft and buttery. It was a little dry but I could tell it was freshly fried.
- Down home mac n’ cheese 4/5
- This is one of the richest Mac n cheese dishes I have ever tasted, they use two kinds of white cheese and has a creamy texture rather than a pizza-like chewy and stringy texture.
- Sho’nuff fried green tomatoes 5/5
- This was my favourite dish of the night. Texture was just right and it was a great appetizer to start with
- Ambiance 3.5/5
- Love the quaint and homely decor but it was a little too dim for my liking
- Service 5/5
- Attentive, friendly and personal staff! One of the staff even remembered us and greeted us as we were down the block walking to the car.
Verdict: I will definitely go back so I can try more dishes!
This chain cafe/bakery in America called Specialty’s is my favourite place to go to for soups/sandwiches/cookies. They have amazing chocolate chip cookies freshly baked throughout the day. Make sure you get them warm or else wait for the next batch! This place has high quality comfort foods and it never disappoints. Their staff is usually friendly so if you are ever in doubt of which soup to order, ask for a sample! Continue reading
When I don’t know where to eat in Seattle/States, I always turn to Cheesecake Factory. There’s no doubt that there will be dependable dishes and drinks. Their Factory Peach Bellini was the best Bellini I’ve ever had: perfectly blended ice with champagne and peach liqueur that doesn’t taste like sweet icy syrup. All their smoothies are amazing! The Cheesecake factory is like the man you want to settle down with: a little typical but dependable, reliable, and looks great on the inside and out! Continue reading