So for my first lunch in New York, I made reservations to Jean-Gorges. It was surprisingly easy seeing as though it was so hard to make reservations at many other restaurants in town. They had a $38.00 lunch menu that included your choice of 2 courses and a complimentary dessert. I loved the fact that the menu had so many options! If you wanted to choose an extra course, you could add $19.00. For the portions (which was the same as their dinner portions), the price was well worth it!
After we got seated, we were presented with a selection of bread. The atmosphere was very spacious and minimalistic. I was surrounded by shades of white, grey and silver, they even had a silver Fiji water holder that was a perfect fit for the bottle.
Afterwards, they served their summer Amuse Bouche: Watercress sorbet with almonds & fresh cream. Fluke sashimi, cured goat cheese with raspberry
What I recommend:
- Parsnip soup with coconut lime and mint: 5/5
- Goat Cheese Gnocchi, caramelized baby artichokes: 5/5
- Sea Scallop Caparccio 5/5
- Everyone was genuinely polite and courteous. Great service from beginning to end. They even escorted me to the bathroom.
- Comfortable chairs, big windows with a lot of natural lights.
Verdict: Definitely would come back for lunch!